CSA Starter Kit: Veg + Skills + Recipes
We're running this course on an introductory rate! Available only for this first round. Price is inclusive of delivery fee (within Metro Manila only) so kindly click the free delivery option upon checkout.
Should you already be subscribing to a weekly box with us, you have the option of availing of just the skills + recipes part of the course, as an add-on to your farmshare deliveries for a special price.
As our community grows, we realize that more people want to try out CSA farm shares but need some hand holding. Some find the diversity daunting, while others need help in the kitchen. We got you.
We designed the CSA Starter Kit to make healthy, sustainable eating possible. Every Thursday over the next four weeks you will be receiving a bayong containing five kinds of produce that you’re sure to be familiar with and can serve as the foundation of a good number of home-cooked dishes.
These are our best-selling cherry tomatoes, onion leeks, spinach (or a local leafy), carrot or squash, and sayote or potato. We’ll throw in a seasonal wild card too for that element of surprise that CSA is known for and to help you get you more comfortable with biodiversity in your diets.
Your CSA Starter Kit also comes with cooking tutorials (online with weekly check-ins) on four basic cooking techniques and recipes you can immediately try using your farm share.
We realized that learning to cook at home is one of the best ways to get comfortable with CSA. Home-cooking also helps create a better food system on a more personal level. Apart from eating healthier, cooking at home also often means more appreciation for the work of our food producers. Eating more plants means less energy, emissions, and waste compared to processed or commercially made food. Good food, indeed.
- Once you've paid for your order, you're secured a slot as a student and we will send you a Confirmation Email with the next steps and a link to a private Facebook group exclusive to the class. We will accept between 5-10 students for this run. Cut-off for joining the class will be on January 28.
- All materials for this course will be available as an e-course via an online classroom. We'll go in-depth by honing in on one basic cooking technique a week, with recipes to match.
- We'll include an Orientation Session + 4 Weekly Check-In Classes via Zoom (around 15-30 minutes long) to gather everyone together and walk you through everything.
- The class proper will run from January 30 - February 27, 2021. We will start with a Class Orientation on January 30, Saturday . Your CSA bayong will be delivered once a week every Thursday within this time period, and live classes will be held on Saturdays :) Please see the class schedule included in the product photo album above.
- The recipes in your kit are designed to use the ingredients in your box, along with a few pantry staples or spices which we will outline for you before the class starts. Some items we do carry, such as cashews, salt bells, and rice. You may also add on more gulay here.
- On the final week, apart from the regular kit, we'll throw in a tampipi's worth of gulay (around 2 kgs worth), so you can freely experiment with the recipes and techniques we've shared throughout the course (or try out your own!)
- All other details will be explained during the Orientation Session for your class!
Should you have any other questions, send us a message at 0939 934 4663 and we'll be happy to answer them for you!
Reminder: All packs will be delivered in bayong and/or tampipi which are shared by all CSA members. Collections are weekly upon delivery of your farmshare, to be cycled for sanitation and reuse.